Service NL

Land Development

Highway Access

The construction of an access to a highway that is classified as a Protected Road requires the prior approval of the Department of Transportation and Works and/or the Government Service Centre.

Extension/Accessory Building

All proposals to construct an extension to an existing building or to construct an accessory building along a Protected Road or within a Protected Area requires the prior approval of the Government Service Centre.

Protected Road/Area

A development permit is required to build on and develop land, whether Crown or privately owned, within the building control lines of a Protected Road or within the boundaries of a Protected Area.


All proposals for cemetery sites shall be submitted for approval.

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.