Service NL

Protected Road / Area

A development permit is required to build on and develop land, whether Crown or privately owned, within the building control lines of a Protected Road (defined as road designated under Section 61 of the Urban and Rural Planning Act for the purpose of controlling development) or within the boundaries of a Protected Area.


  1. A completed application opens new window (185 KB)
  2. two copies of a site plan showing the location of the proposed structure
  3. two copies of the building plans.


Statutes Regulations
Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000 Butterpot - Witless Bay Line Environs Development Control Regulations
  Gander River Protected Area Regulations
  Marble Mountain Protected Area Land Use Zoning Regulations
  Protected Road Zoning Regulations


No Fee Required.

Applications and Publications

Printed copies of applications and publications are available at the Government Service Centre Division's regional and area offices.


Refer to the Government Service Centre Division's locations page for additional contact information.

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free. opens new window

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.